7th February 2017
Pistachio Energy Balls
Energy Balls. Doesn’t that sound so instant? I suppose that’s the point, they are a pick me up, something to keep you going until your next meal. But they are seriously addictive, so you could probably eat three in one go and forget about a meal altogether…
Sweet and filling as well as salty and moreish, these energy balls are one of my favourite go-to snacks that keep me going through the week when that salad I had for lunch isn’t quite cutting it. You could also add dried cranberries or dried apricots as well, but I find that they are plenty sweet enough from the dates and the honey.
- 250g dried dates, soaked in boiling water for 10 minutes and then drained
- 2 tbsp clear runny honey (or use maple syrup to keep vegan)
- 175g rolled oats
- 100g shelled pistachios, chopped
- Using your hands, rub the dates together until the form a sticky ball. Alternatively use a food processor to achieve this consistency
- Add the honey to the bowl and stir until combined, it will be sticky!
- Next, add the oats and pistachios making sure the date and honey mixture covers all of the oats and nuts
- Roll into nice uniformed balls and store in the fridge