This week has been a bit all over the place, juggling one thing from another (how on earth do so many people do it!?), so while I try and multi-task writing this blog post, Ima keep this intro short and sweet for the sake of my sanity!
I am currently halfway through The Forgetting Time by Sharon Guskin, a book that tells two stories in one. One story is about the psychiatrist Dr Anderson, who specialises in reincarnation, but has recently been diagnosed with the illness aphasia, resulting in his fear of not being able to finish his research in time to be published. The second story is about a four-year-old boy, Noah, who tells stories of another life, much to his mother’s confusion. The two characters cross paths in order to solve the mystery of Noahs tales. This book is extremely easy to read, well-written and has an interesting plot. I haven’t quite finished but I am really enjoying picking it up and learning more about reincarnation.
- 10 Life Changing Lists To Help You Slow Down, Oh January – who doesn’t love a list!?
- Body Image and the Wedding Industry, Having More Fun and Jo Cotterell Interview, all by Sophie Cliff – some great blog posts this week from Sophie. If you suffer from IBS then the Jo Cotterell Interview is worth a read!
- Fifty Shades Chubbier, Vix Mildrew – Vix isn’t afraid to talk about S E X and she always brings issues to light, in the most candid of ways!
- Down with Diet Culture, Rhyme and Ribbons – a must read from Amanda this week
- The Importance of Having an Offline Hobby, Jasmine Charlotte – really think about the last time you did something that didn’t involve staring at a screen. I know it’s rare for me…
- After Eight Chocolate Mint Cake, The Dinner Bell – GET IN MY FACE.
It has taken me a while to see, but last weekend me and David watched The Theory of Everything. I found it incredibly moving, especially Dr Hawkins’ speech at the end, and I was astounded by Eddie Redmayne’s performance. If you’re like me and you’re late to the party, watch it ASAP. Its funny, sad, heart-warming and charming, all at the same time.
Best moments of the week:
Early morning cafe outings with David, testing out my new camera lens, drunken nights with my favourite people and meeting Michelle and Kate from the Wonderful Wednesday gang!
You can follow me on: