Hasn’t this week just draaaaged. All this rubbish weather that Storm Doris has brought has made me go into full on hibernation mode, so the latter half of this week has looked a bit samey. Hopefully, next week will pick up the pace because I am so ready for all the loveliness that spring has got up its sleeve.
The Fault in Our Stars, John Green. As this has had such rave reviews, when I saw it on offer in Smiths I knew I had to see if it was as sad as everyone is making out. I am only a chapter in so nothing sad has happened yet, but I have been told to keep the tissues nearby!
- The Face of Depression, Wonderful You – an incredibly raw and powerful blog post by Meg
- Six Reasons I Don’t Want to be A Career Blogger, Bkyrouncefield – echoing my thoughts exactly on having your blog as your job
- Dior’s Feminist T-Shirt is a Loaf of W**k, Whisky Tango Flat White – amazing piece on why feminism is so much more than a ‘buzzword’
- On Failing, Failing and Failing Again, Ten Penny Dreams – demonstrating why it’s oh so important to just keep going, despite the rejection and failure
- Crunchy Baked Granola Bars, Minimalist Baker – how good do these look!?!
Recommended by Michelle, I began listening to ‘My Dad Wrote a Porno’, a hilarious podcast that has had me cackling OUT LOUD on public transport. Jamie and his two friends, Alice and James, read a chapter, week by week, of Jamies dad’s erotic novel; ‘Belinda Blinked’. The novel itself is awful, cringe-worthy and half the time doesn’t even make sense, but the commentary from the three friends makes it so god-damn funny. If you are in need of a laugh, you need to give this a listen.
Best Moments of the Week
Drinking copious amounts of Turkish Tea, early morning starts, the beginnings of spring and feeling refreshed after a thorough clean of the house.
You can follow me on: