Wednesday had been a long day at work. Working in customer service sometimes can be exhausting, especially when customers ask the most ridiculous questions. So I am unashamedly admitting that I was tucked up in my cosy socks and jammies by 7pm, watching Grey’s anatomy with the boyf, when my phone buzzed.
The email said ‘Congratulations’, and without really taking in much of anything else I assumed it was a scam, one of those spammy emails that suggest that you have won $800000 and you need to ‘click this link’ to collect.
I absently-mindedly read it while continuing to watch Greys (it was a good ep aswell, the one with the ferry boat crash), and saw that I had been shortlisted for the Bloggers Blog Awards under Best Food Blog.
Confused, I sat up, made David pause Greys, and then read the email out loud to him. It wasn’t until I went on Twitter and I had a gazillion notifications that I realised what was actually happening.
And to be honest, I still don’t really know what is happening.
One More Slice is something I do in my spare time, a hobby that I *love* with a small, but wonderful, readership. I feel humble and completely honoured to be shortlisted under the Best Food Blog category, there are some amazing food blogs out there in the bloggersphere, and to be shortlisted as one of them is something I am incredibly proud of.
I wanted to say a massive thank you to everyone who nominated me and a big thank you to the incredible Hayley to dedicating so much of her time to make the awards possible. And because there are so many fantastic blogs out there I wanted to share the kindness forward, so below I am sharing my favourite blogs and why they deserve *all* the awards too!
- Laura, Middle of Adventure: For being a superstar human that shares amazing photography, great food and top London spots!
- Amanda, Rhyme & Ribbons: For producing such stellar travel content and incredible recipes
- Michelle, Life Outside of London: For being so god-damn hilarious and sharing all the poochy love
- Sally, Sally Tangle: For being the queen of #wonderfulwednesday and making me appreciate all the little things
- Steph, A Cup of Creative: For being just such an inspiring lady, full of creativity and positivity.
- Amy, Ten Penny Dreams: For the amazing blog posts that always resonate with me and make me feel like I’m *enough*
- Jasmine, Jasmine Charlotte: For giving me serious travel envy and introducing me to some cracking podcasts
- Bianca, Bianca Bass: For giving me the confidence and skills to be the ultimate bad ass female
If you enjoy reading my blog I would be SO greatful if you could vote for me! You can find me under Best Food Blog (eek still doesn’t seem real!). Voting is open until the 10th September and you can do so here.
Thank you to everyone who comments, reads, shares and makes anything I post.
It means the absolute world.
You can follow me on: