Despite most of it appearing as common sense, it often gets lost within the busyness that is our lives. Lord knows with everything that is happening around the world right now, it can be overwhelming sombre and seem out of our control, but it is our reactions to situations that we can control.
So here are some wise words collected from around the internet as well as some of my friends and family, to serve as a reminder that happiness is a choice, not a result.
- Give up the need to always be right
- Live with energy, enthusiasm and empathy
- Read as much as possible
- Give up the need to impress others
- Get more sleep
- Try to make three people smile a day
- No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up
- Let go of what you cannot change
- Envy is a waste of time
- In a week – will it matter?
- Stop worrying, if it is supposed to happen it will
- Allow yourself to be a beginner. No-one starts off excellent
- You always have a choice
- Enjoy the journey, there is no destination
- Keep perspective. From a distance, even a bumpy road looks smooth.
You can follow me on: